Explore the Kosmos Ost!
We’re delighted to be able to welcome you back to the Ernst Barlach Haus during its usual opening hours. While closed we set up the exhibition Kosmos Ost, which we hope will be of great interest.
Please note that because of the current situation, special visiting rules have to apply. In order to ensure optimal health protection, we ask you to follow the hygiene regulations strictly.
- bring your own face mask and wear it during the entire time of your visit,
- keep the required distance from other visitors and staff,
- understand that only a limited number of people are allowed in the museum at the same time, which may lead to waiting times,
- pay with a card if possible,
- note that group visits, guided tours and events are not possible at present, and that the cafeteria must remain closed – but the museum shop is once again open.
We hope that your encounter with the works of art will make you forget any inconveniences, and we look forward to your visit!
ART IN THE MIDST OF GREENERY
The Ernst Barlach Haus, which opened in 1962 as a private museum, is located in Jenischpark, one of the most beautiful landscape gardens in Hamburg. Attractively embedded in the spacious site on the banks of the River Elbe, the modern, light-flooded museum building houses a unique collection. Numerous key works by the expressionist sculptor, graphic artist and writer Ernst Barlach (1870–1938) are on view here, among them nearly a third of his precious wood sculptures.
In addition to various presentations of the collection and temporary exhibitions of Classical Modern and contemporary art, the Ernst Barlach Haus also offers a diverse programme: guided tours, talks, lectures and the concert series Klang & Form.